A beautiful smile is known to boost self-confidence. This is what Invisalign helps to achieve. Invisalign is a type of teeth braces with a clear tray or invisible aligners. They perform the task of gradually shifting misaligned teeth back to their proper position. Invisalign is the most advanced clear alignment system, tested and trusted for over two decades. The aligners are produced from flexible plastic, custom-made to be uniquely suited for each patient. Invisalign treatment is the process of wearing invisible aligners that progressively straighten your teeth by moving them into the desired position. It can treat most common teeth-straightening issues in adults and children ranging from simple to complex issues such as overbites, underbites, and even crossbites.
Advantages of Invisalign Over Traditional Braces
- Invisibility: Invisalign braces are thin and transparent which makes them almost invisible, they are not easily noticeable to other people. It is more visually appealing than traditional braces.
- Faster treatment: Invisalign takes as little as six to eighteen months to straighten teeth depending on the complexity of the case or as recommended by the doctor. It is fast as it requires less time than braces.
- Easily removable: It can be removed easily, feels more like the texture of the teeth, and causes less discomfort than traditional braces.
- Eliminate restrictions: There are no restrictions to the food you can eat, as long as you remove them before eating.
- Requires less visits to the dentist since you do not need to tighten or perform any painful adjustment of the wires or worry about broken wire.
- Ideal for patients who play sports as you can play sports without worrying about broken wires or brackets. Most suitable for professionals or anyone who wants to keep their teeth alignment treatment unnoticeable.
- It allows easy teeth cleaning and good oral hygiene practices.
How to Get Invisalign Treatment
Only specially trained dentists like the ones at Absolute Smile Dental Clinic can perform Invisalign treatment. Our dentists are authorized providers of Invisalign treatment in Philadelphia & Southampton. We offer custom treatment plans to help you achieve that perfect smile. Here is the procedure for getting your Invisalign treatment:
- The dentist begins by creating a 3D image of your teeth using 3D imagining technology.
- Then they use an Intra-oral digital scanner to scan digital impressions which creates a 3D image of the teeth to make aligner trays.
- Next, the dentist provides a graphic representation of the projected teeth before producing aligners. Similarly, the expected movement of the teeth is visualized.
- Each aligner shifts the teeth from 0.25 to 0.33 millimeters.
How to Use Invisalign
Each set of aligners should be worn for 22-24 hours daily; you are required to change into a new set of aligners every one to two weeks as prescribed by your dentist. You might experience minor discomfort for the first few days of changing into a new set of aligners which eventually goes away. You should visit your dentist every four to six weeks to monitor your Invisalign treatment progress.
Care for Invisalign
- Rinse under running water, soak with Invisalign cleaning crystals or cleaning solution, avoid hot water as they can damage to the aligners.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly.
- Do not consume food or beverages that can stain your aligners or hot food, it is better to remove them before eating.
Learn more about teeth straightening treatments with clear braces and Invisalign in Philadelphia & Southampton, PA by scheduling your appointment at Absolute Smile today. We offer a FREE consultation for all new patients. Call us now!
Contact Our Offices:
- Street Road office:
1045 street road, Southampton, PA 18966. Phone number (215) 355-4007
- Bustleton Ave office:
9733 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19115. Phone number (215) 774-5050
- Harbison office:
6737 Harbison Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19149. Phone number (215) 331-7585
CommentsGot something to say? Join the discussion »