Do you have missing teeth? Your dentist has recommended removing severely damaged teeth. In either case, you need implant dentistry close to Philadelphia, PA. Let’s look at the Implant Dentistry Philadelphia – most common tooth replacement options your dentist may recommend.
When Will Your Dentist Recommend Tooth Replacement?
Generally, your dentist will recommend tooth replacement for any missing teeth. This is because the gap in your teeth can cause several problems, including,
- Further misalignment of your remaining teeth
- Damage to your gum
- Loss of bone mass in your jawbone
While you may not think of a single missing tooth as an inconvenience, it is important to address missing teeth. Your dentist will provide options based on your needs.
Implant Dentistry Philadelphia
Dental implants are popular, whether you’re replacing a single tooth or a set. Implants don’t just replace the tooth, but the root itself. This provides you with several benefits, including,
- Look and function that resembles your natural teeth
- Stimulation and preservation of your jawbone
- The ability to eat, brush, and floss normally
- A tooth replacement solution that will last years
Implant Dentistry Philadelphia – Removable (Full or Partial) Dentures
For many, dentures are the first thing they think about when considering tooth replacement. These artificial teeth sit over the gum using adhesive to stay in place. You remove them at night for cleaning and put them in to go about your day in the morning. You can have complete dentures to replace all your teeth or partial dentures that replace only a missing set, usually front or back teeth. While dentures don’t prevent the bone loss that can follow tooth loss, they still offer other benefits, including,
- Providing an affordable option for tooth replacement
- Non-invasive compared to dental implants and fixed bridges
- Provide patients with a smile and teeth that function well for eating and talking
Implant-supported dentures use implants to keep the denture in place rather than adhesive. This provides additional benefits to traditional dentures, including,
- Stimulation and support for the jawbone
- Easy cleaning and maintenance of the denture
Fixed Bonded Bridges
Some gaps of missing teeth may not be replaceable with dentures. Instead, your dentist may recommend a fixed bonded bridge. This bridge is used when you still have your natural teeth on either side of the gap. These offer advantages that include,
- Providing the look and feel of natural teeth
- Affordability compared to implants
- No removal to clean or eat
Full-Arch Dental Implants
If you have significant tooth loss, your dentist may recommend a full-arch dental implant. These implants replace the entire arch of your teeth. They offer all the benefits of individual implants and,
- They are less bulky than traditional dentures
- Are a permanent tooth replacement solution
Are You Looking for Implant Dentistry Close to Philadelphia, PA?
Absolute Smile is here to meet your tooth replacement needs. We will examine your mouth and teeth and review dental implant costs with you to help you make the best choice. Contact us today to make an appointment. Take advantage of our free new patient consultation to meet our staff and choose your new family dentist.