Do you feel confident with your smile? For many adults, the idea of a wide-open smile is a far-off dream. Crooked or crowded teeth make them hesitant to show their teeth, but few consider braces because of the time and appearance. Invisalign Treatment is a great alternative to braces. What makes Invisalign ideal for adults?
What Is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment uses a series of clear aligners that sit over your teeth. Each aligner applies pressure to specific teeth, gently moving them into a better position in your mouth. As you progress through your treatment, your teeth are gently moved into a straighter alignment.
Typically, you wear each set of aligners for 22 hours a day for 2 weeks. For most Invisalign patients, total treatment takes about 12 months – as opposed to up to 3 years for braces!
Why Do Adults Love Invisalign Treatment?
The first and most obvious reason adults love Invisalign in the timeframe. For adults, the prospect of three years of braces with their accompanying tightening appointments is daunting. A year, on the other hand, is much more manageable for treatments. Beginning your Invisalign treatment now means being ready for next summer with a new smile!
- Invisalign also offers other advantages over traditional braces such as,
- Discreet treatment. The clear aligners are hard to spot, letting adults wear them confidently through the day.
- You don’t have the dietary restrictions that come with braces. With Invisalign, you don’t have to give up your favorite foods because you remove your aligners to eat.
- You have fewer and faster dental visits. Adults have a busy schedule with work and family. With Invisalign treatment, your visits are generally every six to eight weeks (as opposed to four to five weeks for braces), and you don’t have to endure painful adjustments. Instead, your dentist checks your progress while your next set of aligners are made.
Who Should Consider Invisalign Treatment?
Anyone who wants straighter teeth can benefit from Invisalign. For most people, they seek Invisalign because,
- They didn’t get braces when they were younger
- They had braces but didn’t wear their retainer as directed
- Their teeth shifted later, especially because of wisdom teeth
- They had an injury that resulted in crooked teeth
Even if you’re happy with your smile, if you have crooked teeth, Invisalign can still benefit you. Crooked or crowded teeth make it more difficult to brush and floss effectively, which puts you at higher risk for gum disease.
Are You Looking for Invisalign Treatment in Philadelphia?
What are you waiting for? You deserve your perfect smile. Contact us to make an appointment for your Invisalign today.
CommentsGot something to say? Join the discussion »